It Rained Today

It rained today. I missed it tho. Didn't notice coz i was home feelin somewhat delirious.
Rain.
Rain is beautiful. The minute my bro told me it had rained I just felt good. I was just tellin him how I woke up super late with a screamin headache - no thanks to the constuction chaos goin on in the building rite next to my room. It's Friday people. I thought no work was done on Friday!Crash. boom. bang.bang.bang. Seriously, non-stop bang.
Back to the rain. I love rain. Never did get why people get depressed in winter when it rains, or why they hate rain and act all miserable.
You get to breathe clean fresh air. Now that doesn't come by often in the wonderfully polluted streets of Cairo, does it. Rain gives you that.
The trees and grass all look green. Real bright green. Everything is fresh and crispy. So many layers of dust and dirt find their ways to the drains. Rain washes all that away, almost bringin them back to life.
Ever noticed it gets quiet when it rains? That ever so loud noise - from the sounds of all the cars hustling and the horns, people screaming, people shouting, music blaring, and more horns. All that noise that's become the soundtrack to our daily lives fades away in the background. There's the soft drizzly sound of rain. There's rythm in the raindrops.
I almost forgot! Dancing in the rain, or just walkin under the raindrops. Feeling those little drops from the sky as they come down on your face. Precious moments you enjoy in the arms of nature, only when it rains.
Rain is divine. Rain talks to the soul. Rain inspires. Which reminds me. I was flippin thru Gmag last nite. A line in the editor's note really stood out;"the second we stop bitching and start laughing is the second that life gets a little bit better."
There's a mysteriously magical quality to rain.
Rain makes me smile.
It rained today, and am smiling :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment