Summer Lovin'

The butterflies in the room were captivated by the presence of Moon. They fluttered in awe, reflecting her illuminating light off their colored wings. Their graceful movement spread a delicate scent of Jasmine across the room.

Deeply absorbed in thought, Moon was never oblivious to the sweet sighs that followed wherever she went. The Cleopatra of Elements, she knew how to impress an audience. She looked stunning in a full-length beaded gown that flattered her voluptuous, left-handed sea shell figure. Instead of casting her mesmerizing smile, Moon tiptoed quietly and sat next to Earth and Heat.

They knew she was consumed with worry. Every thought racing though Moon’s mind was scented with Jasmine. The room was quickly filling with her gorgeous sweet aroma.

In his rough, husky voice, Heat interrupted the fragrant silence.

I can’t thank you enough for coming on such short notice. We’ve all been extremely concerned. It’s been over a week and Sun has not fully recovered. I’m afraid his body is still too weak. Nighttime, this time of year, isn’t long enough for him to regain his strength and energy.’

Moon was not able to contain herself.

My radiance is failing me. I cannot believe it is not sufficient for my precious Sun. This is all because of the humans and their man-made global warming crisis!’

I do admit I’m exhausted but please relax’. Sun smiled confidently to the Elements as his furry hair glistened in shades of crimson and gold. ‘This is a transition phase. I’m just adapting to the massive increase of global heat waves.’ Only able to relax when he’s bent, Sun resembled the figurine of a dancing ballerina.

There was a sound at the door.

Sashaying flamboyantly into the elegant room, Snow faced her family of Elements for the first time since February. She glistened from Sun’s rays that reflected on her translucent, rectangular surface. No one had expected her arrival to Summer Seminar, where her grainy sand-like skin shrivels as she loses moistness.

She hopped like a baby kangaroo into the velvet lap of chocolate brown Earth. With jazz-like soothing sound of rainfall, she whispered ‘I miss you’.

Earth closed his almond colored eyes. He rejoiced in the serenity of the moment and held onto Snow, breathing in her tenderness.

Snow put on her serious face and spoke to Sun. ‘My moisture can cool you. I want to do this. Please let me help you.’

But my sweet little doll! How can I let you dry out and miss a winter or two?

‘You shine our days. How can we be without your bright rays of hope. I'll gladly miss all my winters.’

Moon somersaulted to Snow, and hugged her tight. For the past five years, Snow had only brief encounters with Earth. It yearned to stay in his arms for a whole season of passion. 

‘You are incredible Snow! Please save my Sun’.  

Intertwining its tiny fingers with Earth’s, Snow began to rub its moisture into Sun. Snow would get a summer full of lovin’ with Earth.

Love is always the cure. Nothing beats Summer Lovin! 

~ misteca

0 comments:

Post a Comment